Monday 14 October 2013

Coconut Muffins

Fear not, my blog is not going to turn into a recipe one. I do feel compelled to share these delicious coconut muffins that I discovered while browsing Pinterest recently. I have made them twice and they have turned out perfectly each time so I think it would be rude not to share the joy!

The recipe comes from a new to me blog called The Roasted Root. It is a gluten free recipe but I just subbed the gluten free flour for plain and we were good to go. This recipe is super easy and I have gussied it up a little with dried fruit. Initially I used dried strawberries and then today I added dried bing cherries. We bought these when we were home for the holidays and I am trying to use them up in delicious things before the climate does awful things to them. I just added half a cup of dried fruit. Craisins or dried apricots would be delicious in this recipe too.

We have a play date this afternoon so I decided to test the recipe in new to me cupcake tins. They were an impulse buy but now that I have tried them I will be buying them again. I have not had great luck with silicon baking pans in the past but greased with a little coconut oil these were fantastic.


We have a Halloween party at school for Miss Three later in the month so I can see what I will be bringing to share. With the cool faces on I don't think I will need to add icing or anything to them. I am really happy with how they have turned out.

I will be back tomorrow with a new layout, with a bit of luck. We have a public holiday here tomorrow so it will be nice to have the three of us together midweek.

Obviously, The Roasted Root have no idea who I am but I really wanted to share their (slightly modified) recipe as it is a great one. There are so many delicious things on the blog. I am pinning like mad! Do you have any favourite healthier food blogs you follow? I am always on the lookout for things that we can eat without feeling too guilty. 

Happy Monday, especially to those Mums who have sent their children back to school after the holidays today.



2 comments:

  1. how yum does that recipe sound!!!
    and love the idea of using those cute little tins!!
    how fun!!!

    ReplyDelete