Wednesday 3 October 2012

Road Trip Album Part Three

There has been a bit of a long gap between part two and three. I hope it was worth the wait!



I really loved the mix of papers in this Daybook. There was plenty of space to share the little details of the trip. We love this part of New Zealand so much and are seriously considering buying a holiday home there. Now we just need to find ourselves a money tree!


This page on the doily really has not photographed well. It shows the delicious scones we ate at one of the cafes in Tekapo. They were so good we had them two days in a row!


I love this photo of Tet's sister, Yaeh, and her fiance Henry. We had a lovely day with them when they drove over from Wanaka. The Amy Tangerine label was just perfect for this shot.


There was a great playground over looking the lake. Needless to say it wasn't just Scarlett who had fun there.


These are the two iconic images from Tekapo. The first is the church (Church of the Good Shepherd) which is right alongside the lake. It is a beautiful stone chapel with an amazing view and some beautiful stained glass. The other icon is the sheep dog statue bearing tribute to the role of dogs in settling this part of New Zealand. 


Here is Scarlett helping us pack up the car on our journey. We hoped she would be okay on the longer car journeys and she was a total star. I think it helped that her new car seat was super comfortable.


I was totally blown away by the wide skies when we home. Living in Singapore there are no long range vistas and I could feel my eyes relax. 


The sunsets were not too bad either.

A lovely shot of father and daughter on the Tekapo shore. 

I loved using the Daybook to record our journey and will definitely use one again for this kind of memory recording. I would love a Christmas style one for my December Daily actually.

I have decided to take part in the Blogtober initiative, albeit a little late. The aim is to blog every day in October and perhaps host a giveaway. This month will mark my 200th post so I am looking to give something away when we reach that milestone. If you would like to take part in Blogtober check out all the info here.

4 comments:

  1. Your album looks so fun, what a great memorie of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the different size and shape pages in the day bbok, perfect to showcase your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great documentation! I have several of those Daybooks lying around that I actually need to use!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun album! Would love to make this about my last trip!

    ReplyDelete