Wednesday 8 August 2012

Road Trip Album Part One

I mentioned a while back that I was working on a minibook of our brief road trip in New Zealand back in December. It is still a work in progress but I thought I would share some of it with you today.

I am totally in love with the Amy Tangerine Daybook that has formed the basis of this album. It has been a joy to work with, although it is a little harder to photograph than I expected!


I used the inside cover as an extra page. I have listed the places we visited on our five day trip above the photo of Scarlett enjoying a picnic lunch on the road. The second page picture made us wonder if we were on a hidden camera show. Could there be anymore of a cliche in New Zealand than being stopped by a flock of sheep on the road. The funniest thing is we were stopped by a herd of cows on the way home!


I loved the fact that there was ample room to write lengthy journalling in this daybook. We squeezed a lot into the trip and it was great to be able to include a great degree of detail in the journalling.


We took quite a number of shots as we drove inland. After living in urban and tiny Singapore, it was bliss to have such long views. I adore the Inspire flair which is from Sasha Farina's Paper Play etsy store.


We had a brief stop in the little town of Twizel. We have spent a number of visits there as good friends of ours have a holiday home there. It is a beautiful spot surrounded by mountains and lakes. We were really excited to take Scarlett to one of our favourite spots.




After a stop in Twizel we drove onto Omarama. We have friends who spend their summers there. Omarara is one of the best places in the world for gliding. Von is a world record holding pilot and she spends her summers taking the gliders up at the aerodrome there. She and Bruce have a caravan at the aerodrome and it is a lovely spot. A river runs nearby full of trout and salmon. It has a lovely warm climate and is a perfect place to while away the days. We had a lovely visit there, catching up on all the gossip and watching the gliders soaring high above.





Bruce introduced Scarlett to the joys of the water pistol on this journey and she was very taken with the new toy! We were sad to bid our friends farewell but we had to get to our furthest destination by the end of the day. The mountain town of Wanaka where Tet's sister and her fiance live.

I have kept the book very simple. The story is what is important this time as I have found I am already forgetting things from this trip. I have tried to keep the embellishments thin so the book does not get too bulky.

I hope to have more to share with you next week.


7 comments:

  1. I love your mini Claire xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the mini! I love sheep so I really would have loved to be there watching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN! I am a mini addict so this makes me super smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun trip. I love the sheep and the cows on the road. Love the mini! It came together so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet mini-album! thanks for sharing some ideas how I can put together our Summer 2012 mini. :-)

    ReplyDelete