Tuesday 17 July 2012

Sketches Save the Day

I have been saving sketches that catch my eye on my Reader and then not using them. This week I vowed to make use of a couple before they disappeared off the top of my Reader list.


I first spotted this sketch on Melissa Priest's blog but it was originally from the Boys Rule Scrapbook kits.  The circles reminded me of the die cuts in the So Cal kit. Melissa simplified the sketch to suit her purpose and I modified it a reasonable amount too.


Please tell me what I did before grey card stock and SC veneer stars?! 
I started off with just the two embellishment groupings but it looked unfinished so I added a third in the top right corner. Everything on the layout is part of the SC So Cal Kit or the Santa Monica add on  with the exception of the Noel tab on the journalling which is from the 2011 OA Christmas line. Since I did not receive mine until January I think this is the first piece I have used from it.

The photo of my daughter was taken on Christmas Day at my Dad's house. She was pretty excited about everything!

I still have not received my July SC kit so I have my fingers crossed that today will be the day.

1 comment: