Friday 20 July 2012

Simple Summer Sketch

I really enjoy the blog Write Click Scrapbook. I am not a digital scrapbooker but I find the simple approach and wide range of contributors really inspiring.

A few weeks ago Donna Jannuzzi shared a great simple sketch that I filed away.
Here is the sketch.


I had a couple of pictures from a trip to the Chinese Gardens that I wanted to scrap and decided that this sketch would be ideal.


The entry to the gardens is so man made and hard that I thought softer floral based patterns would be the right thing to add a garden feel. These papers from the Sc So Cal add on Malibu, fitted the bill.

I am expecting nearly 150 photos in the mail today from our New Zealand trip in December. I managed to restrain myself from printing all the photos I uploaded to Snapfish! I can't wait to get stuck in with some serious scrapping!

Have a wonderful weekend! Tet is away all next week from Sunday to Saturday so we will be squeezing in a lot of family fun tomorrow to make up for his absence.

2 comments:

  1. great take on the sketch! love that woodgrain in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PERFECT take on the sketch! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete