Friday 22 June 2012

Yummy Mummy

 Happy Friday! I was recently tagged to take part in this meme for and about the Yummy Mummy (or otherwise as in my case). It was quite a fun set of questions - just the thing for a lazy Friday afternoon.

The Rules
When answering the questions, give as much detail as possible.  It's all about the finer details people!
Leave a comment Here (Busybemummybex blog where the meme was created)
Tag three or more people and link them on your blog.
Tweet #yummy mummy when you share on Twitter.


What is the first thing you do when you wake up?

Usually I try and go straight back to sleep! My daughter is finally sleeping through and waking up somewhere between 6 and 7 am so I am actually waking up quite refreshed. She calls for her father first thing and then hops into bed with me for a two minute feed... (the last one and getting shorter everyday - total weaning could be on the horizon).
Do you shower Daily?  Are you an early morning shower or an evening bath type?
Living in the tropics a daily shower is the absolute minimum and I often shower morning and night.Monkey has a bath and a shower most days and she has these with her father so I only have to share my shower when he is away for work.


Do you wear makeup daily?

No. My makeup consists of about three MAC lippies and a Christian Dior glossy one which was one of my last presents from my Mum so is pretty special.


What's in your makeup bag?
I don't have one.


When you're having a slummy mummy day what do you usually wear?
Shorts and a t shirt.


Nails - How often do you get them done?
I get a pedicure once every six weeks or so but my finger nails are always a disaster. I am too rough to wear polish on my hands. It barely lasts a day. Toes are worth doing here as I am almost always in open shoes.


Your top tips for tired eyes?
Sleep and coffee.


Are you a Starbucks or a Costa Coffee kind of girl?
I am a bit of a coffee snob and make my own espresso at home with freshly ground beans but I love the fraps at Starbucks. I do have a card for there...


How many children do you have/want?
We have our one daughter and are contemplating another but to be honest will be happy with just one. We really do not want anymore than two.


Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children's clothes?
Etsy for something a bit different, Cotton On, Target and H and M for seasonal stuff that may not last but is fun, Mothercare and Gap for better quality pieces.


Flats or heels - every day shoes are?
I have not worn heels since my wedding I don't think. Mostly I wear my Fitflops or other open sandals.

I'm going to tag these lovely ladies and even if they don't join in their blogs are more than worth a read, Brit at Live Out Loud, Caz at cazhancock.com and Lou at Sunny Side . 


Have a super weekend everyone - I fully intend to!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, I will play along! Thanks for tagging me :) We are home now, and as long as you don't mind some younger tag-a-longs, let's get together....oh read my letter post, I owe you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Claire. Have a fantastic weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete