Thursday 21 June 2012

Another Starting Point

For once I actually remembered to take a photo of the starting point before I added my extras to it. I am so excited! Small things, I know. The original post with the starting point can be found here.

Here is my take on the starting point.


I just love that turquoise wood pattern and felt a little guilty covering up so much of it but.... All the papers are from the 35 mm Studio Calico kit and the Lomography add on. There is not too much left in those kits now so expect to see some So Cal goodness soon! One of the stickers is from an older Echo Park sticker sheet. Can I just say how much I love their sticker sheets with the mixture of pictures, journalling tags and border stickers. They are so useful when you are just looking for that little extra something.


I am sorry this photo is not so fantastic. I took it just before a storm came in the last of the available light. I had a wee experiment with the mistable hexagons from Studio Calico. I actually used my Jenni Bowlin ink pads in Weather Vane and Speckled Egg and that was a quick and easy way to get the colours I wanted. I know hexagons are super trendy but I find them a real challenge to use. I also added in a super cute Marcy Penner flair and an MME sticker on the little bag. There is some hidden journalling on a tag inside there. The photos are from March last year and it did seem surreal two days after the quake to be out on the water.

I had a little helper with my photos this time.

The Ginger Ninja aka Poppy became obsessed with the page and it was a struggle to keep her off. This is also the cat who likes to sleep in the doll's bed....


Well I must fly as Miss S will be back on the school bus shortly. They had a trip to the Fire Station today. Scarlett wanted to go without Mummy or Daddy so I hope it went well! Happy Thursday!

4 comments:

  1. Love the layout and that is one funny kitty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun layout! What view out of your window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great page Claire. Love that pic of your kitty. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really like the papers you chose for the starting point & you final layout is great. The papers definitely help highlight those great photos.

    ReplyDelete