Wednesday 30 May 2012

Trying Something New

I have seen a video from Shimelle Laine a couple of times where you take a selection of papers and cut them all up and then use them to create as many layouts as possible. I have always wanted to do this and today I cut up the papers from the Studio Calico Field Guide kit from last year and I am making layouts with those pieces of paper. 

To be honest it is a little bit scary to cut into all those pieces of paper without knowing what photos I am going to scrap but it is also strangely empowering. There are some pretty stunning papers in that collection that I have cut into small pieces. I have kept some of the patterned papers whole to use as backgrounds and I have two pieces of the same paper that I am going to use as the background of my first ever double pager.

The first page is a contrast between the life of our pampered feline and a stray cat we saw out on a walk. I have never actually scrapped Poppy before and seeing these two photos together gave me a great story to share.



The second layout was inspired by some of the layouts completed for the NSD challenges at Studio Calico. I loved the bright colours in the photos and thought a banner style layout might work well. I also had a play with my Mister Hueys and the Maya Road chipboard included in the kit.

I had fun working on these layouts. I did grab a couple of things from my May Studio Calico kits for the second layout including some Lawn Fawn string and  the title lettering from Jillibean Soup. I am hoping to complete some more layouts from this older chopped up kit this week. I am happy with how it has gone so far.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great idea. I was determined to see how many LO's I could use with one kit. My 35mm kit from May so far has 5 LO's from it :) Lovely Pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these turned out really really well, I esp like the little kitties. The colors just work! What a great idea to use up those kit remnants.

    ReplyDelete