Monday 5 March 2012

Quick update from Tokyo

Sorry for the abrupt departure last week. I fully intended to blog on Friday but I got terrible food poisoning from something I ate on Thursday. Fortunately medication kicked in and I was able to fly but it was pretty touch and go for a while there.

Tokyo has been wonderful. Beautiful sunny winter's day on Saturday and a lot of walking around Odaiba. Yesterday we went to Disneyland and it was wonderful. Scarlett had such a great time. She wants to go back... Right now if possible.

Today has been less wonderful. Another travel day across Tokyo which we knew was going to be a big ask. We were only about ten minutes into the first of two bus trips when Scarlett, out of the blue, began vomiting. We, or rather Tet who was right beside her, managed to get her cleaned up and changed and cleaned up the bus seat. We had a brief stop to regroup and then it was onto another bus. Did I mention it was only in single digits and pouring with rain? Fortunately Scarlett slept for most of the second journey and has continued to nap on and off all day. I have a feeling tomorrow we will see exactly what bug she has picked up.

Tet is working for the next four days so Monkey and I will just be pottering in suburban Tokyo. Or I may be nursing a sick little one in a very small hotel room... Either way it will be an adventure.

Sorry for the lack of photos but am blogging from my iPad. I will try and use hubby's work computer later in the week and post some photos.

I hope all is well wherever you are.

1 comment:

  1. Oh there is nothing worse than a sick little one when you are away from home..By the time you are reading this she is no doubt back to normal and fighting fit.

    Thank you so much for your kind words on my blog. I do think it takes a little of the pressure off when you realise that you are not quite as alone as you thought - or rather there are lots of other people feeling exactly the same things as you, just somewhere else...lol

    Lou :-)

    ReplyDelete