Monday 20 February 2012

Sometimes you can go back

Yesterday I did something that I always tell other people not to do. I went back.

I always say that you should never go back to places that you loved after a long time away as they invariably disappoint. I tend to believe the same is true of people too but that is a whole different post.

Last night we met friends for dinner at The Westlake on Queens Road. I started going to the Westlake in 1984 (oh that makes me sound so old)! My Mum taught one of the chefs there and he invited her to try the restaurant. We loved it and the rest is part of our family history.



I had not been back to the Westlake in about 10 years and I was a bit apprehensive that it might have changed or deteriorated. Those fears were groundless. The food was really good - just as good as I remembered. We shared among four adults and three toddlers Mah Bo Tofu, Sweet and Sour Pork, Hotplate Fish, Beef Hor Fun and the speciality of Chinese buns served with big chunks of braised pork to eat as a kind of sandwich. It is now that I should be providing you with photos of the delicious food but wrangling the three smaller diners meant that my camera did not leave the bag. That was the other good thing about the restaurant. There is heaps of safe open space where the children can run around. 

We are looking forward to heading back there soon.

2 comments: