Monday 21 November 2011

Scrapping again!

It feels like forever since I actually sat down and scrapped. All the stars aligned and I managed to have photos, the inclination and a sketch all printed out. Scarlett was napping so after I got the required housework out of the way I sat on my sofa (my current favourite location to scrap) and got stuck in.

I have made a promise to myself to really make a dent in my first Studio Calico kit, Boardwalk, before I head away for the Christmas break. I have it packaged up in a SC crop bag along with the two add ons I purchased that month. I love the colours in this kit - it was the one that made me sign up for a sub after all. Having looked through it I felt it would work well with my beachy swimming photos. I got a swag of those printed last weekend.

I decided the important thing today was to make a real start so I printed out the first two prompts from Shimelle's Pretty Paper Party. There are a lot of seriously patterned papers in this kit so it all seemed to make sense. I liked the look of the final sketch from prompt one so sorted through my landscape pictures and found one of the three of us on our first trip to Bintan this time last year. It is not a great photo (in fact my eyes are closed) but it is one of the few that has all three of us from this time so I really wanted to have it scrapped.

By the time Tet came home for lunch about 30 minutes after I started, I had the papers cut and adhered, the titles on and was looking for embellishments. Of course Monkey woke up just after we finished lunch so the layout is not quite finished. I am hoping to complete it tonight and get another one underway this evening after Scarlett has gone to bed.

I always thought that the kits would simplify the process and they really made things fall nicely into place. Having said that, I have picked a few things out of my stash to add to the layout. I am also able to stop feeling guilty for having these kits arrive month after month without using anything from them.

I totally love the Shimelle class prompts. They are full of great ideas and certainly give a novice scrapper like myself the confidence to have a go. I have also recently purchased Kelly Purkey's Sketchpad and am hoping to try some of those sketches too.

I will try and post two new layouts tomorrow. If I can get some pictures off the camera I might do  a quick picture dump of our weekend. It was action packed! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment