Tuesday 1 November 2011

A little about us

I have just realised that I have not really done a very good job of introducing us.

We are a family of three plus one very tolerant cat. My husband, Tet, was born in Japan but was raised in NZ from the age of 9 so he is a little bit Japanese but mainly Kiwi. Funnily enough he has lived in NZ longer than me as I grew up spent much of my childhood in  Singapore.

Tet and I have been married for nearly seven years (wow that sounds like a really long time) and together for nearly nine.
I feel so lucky to have found such a wonderful partner in life. He is just amazing.

We took four years to conceive our daughter and were about to start some serious intervention when we discovered we were pregnant. We really enjoyed the pregnancy and post pregnancy period - the birth not so much!

Scarlett is the focus of our lives now. She is bright and bubbly and has a pretty big vocab for a pretty small girl (20 months). She certainly has turned our lives upside down and apart from the lack of sleep we would not change much.

We are really enjoying living in Singapore. It is a second home for me and Tet has a job that he enjoys.

We all enjoy travelling so we get away from Singapore regularly through the year. Our aim is to visit NZ and Japan once each year and have a few other short trips as well. It is such a great spot to live with so many wonderful countries just a couple of hours flight away.

 Please feel free to ask any questions in the comments and I will do my best to answer them.





2 comments:

  1. what a great pic of the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. We look so young! I am struggling to find a picture of the two of us together that is recent. I will have to remedy that over the weekend!

    ReplyDelete