Thursday 24 November 2011

Layouts!

I have finally taken some photos of two of the three layouts I have worked on this week. I have decided that one is a bit unfinished and needs something else so will hold off on sharing that one.

The first is based on one of Shimelle's sketches from Pretty Paper Party lesson one.
Please excuse the slightly washed out colours. It does have a washed out feel but not to the degree it appears here. I used the Studio Calico "Boardwalk" kit for this layout and  I am really happy with how it turned out. It is not actually a wonderful photo but it is the only photo of all three of us from this holiday and I am glad it has been scrapped and preserved.


Last night I completed another layout from Shimelle's PPP. This time it was from the second lesson. This took a bit longer to come together as the combination of so many patterned papers really did take me out of my comfort zone.
This one also used papers and embellishments from the Boardwalk kit along with some extra bits and pieces from a couple of the add ons. I am just so excited to have moved away from coloured card stock backgrounds with this class and have used some papers that, in the past, I would have shied away from.

I know I have a long way to go with this craft but it gives me such pleasure to create something special with our photos and my wee girl just gets so excited to see her pictures in the albums completed in this way.

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate!

3 comments:

  1. I absolutly love them both, i think the top one is my favourite. You have done great, you should see the first year of my layouts lol, they are a MESS haha i just wish i had known about SC then as i would of done so much better.
    Thanks so much for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I agree, the top is my favourite too! Boardwalk was one of my fav. kits. I just love the colours! I love how you used the BG layered flowers on the second one! Good job, keep scrappin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the first two posters--I love the top one as well! You did a great job with the layering! Just keep on scrapping! That's the key (and the fun part)! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete