Tuesday 29 November 2011

Busy weekend

I was sure I would have a spare minute to post over the weekend but it was not to be. We had some of our favourite people visiting from KL and they kept us entertained. Scarlett loves her honorary uncles and they make such a fuss of her.

The best thing was they agreed to babysit Scarlett on Saturday night so that Tet and I could go out for dinner with friends. To put this in context, this is the second time Tet and I have been out in the evening since Scarlett was born 21 months ago. We were really excited! Scarlett was less excited and in fact was a real monkey. We spent a lot of time trying to get her down before we left but she was not having a bar of it. So we left with her screaming. She continued to do this for quite a while and her uncles gave in and let her come out to the lounge. She watched half an hour of Happy Feet, ate a snack, had a drink and then asked to be put down in Mummy's bed. She was still sound asleep when we got home. 

We had a fabulous evening with our friends K and P. They introduced us to their local wine bar. It was wonderful with an amazing range of wines. Even better though, they have the menus for all the restaurants in the area. We decided we felt like Thai and so we rang the restaurant and they delivered the food (on china no less) in less than 15 minutes. We had a great evening. They are wonderful company and we look forward to getting together again in the new year.

I have definitely decided one of my resolutions for 2012 is to find a reliable babysitter and have a date night once a month. It makes us feel a bit more like the way we were pre baby. I think we could do with putting a bit more focus on us as a couple instead of just us as a family.

I am working on a couple of new layouts - still working through the Boardwalk kit and using Shimelle's PPP as a starting point. I am so much more productive with a sketch to get me started - even if the finished product bears little relation to the original idea.

SC have had their reveal this past weekend and I have been very restrained. I have not ordered a single add on - although I have picked up more than a few items in the shop. I have my fingers crossed that the box will arrive before I head overseas but suspect that hubby will be bringing things back for me.

I will try and post a couple of layouts today or tomorrow - it all depends how long my daughter naps for and if she goes to bed easily tonight. Yesterday it was a short nap and a battle to get her to sleep at night so here is hoping she plays the game and lets Mummy get some crafting done!

No comments:

Post a Comment