Friday 25 November 2011

Black Friday and December Daily

I was planning on doing a post about the Black Friday sales today but overall they have not really rocked my world. I did pick up a few bargains at Studio Calico. They had an album I have been looking at marked down and some pens. I also used the sale as a chance to pick up some of the SC lines. I mainly went for the embellies and scrap tags. Pretty much things I can see me using with Project Life next year. Oh and I picked up one of the full sets of Mister Hueys which I am really excited about. I know I could have picked these items up cheaper elsewhere but I love the customer service at SC and I know what my postage is going to cost. When you don't live in the US the sticker shock on postage can be amazing. Ofter as much as the items purchased, if not more.
My wee dot was a great napper today after a lot of disruption around nap time. We had our air con units serviced which usually is a pretty quick process. We have had a bit of trouble with the unit in the master bedroom and they spent an age trying to get it spotless - without success. Long story short Monkey's nap was over an hour late. She still managed to sleep for over two hours though which gave me a chance to check out the SC sale, eat some lunch and make a start on my December Daily.


My DD is not going to be one of the works of art I see online. I do not have the stash, the time or the inclination to make something so elaborate to be honest. I am using the DD as a partial record of our trip home to New Zealand next month. I have also put aside an Amy Tan minibook to record the mini holiday we will be taking as a family while we are back home.


The basis of my DD is one of Elise Blaha Cripe's holiday books. I have been admiring her seasonal books for a while and I thought this would suit my needs perfectly. The 4 x 6 size also means that I can later add in full size photos as well as some instax prints into the album. I have been adding date numbers and the odd flat embellie to the pages. There are some envelopes inside too which I hope to find some special souvenirs to put inside. I am planning to take a fairly minimal kit of some EP and Simple Stories stickers and cards anf a Bo Bunny set of ephemera which has proved really useful already. I want to keep things fairly flat as I am going to be completing it on the go. EBC's etsy store Elise Joy has lots of cool quirky art as well as her seasonal books. Well worth a look.

I am also amazed at the response when I finally put a link onto the SC daily blog list. I had so many hits and was really encouraged by all the comments - I even have two followers now! (thanks ladies - you made my week!). I will definitely respond to the comments over the weekend.


We have Scarlett's "uncles" coming to stay with us from KL this weekend and we cannot wait to see them. They spoil her rotten! I am hoping to take a few photos and do a layout of the three of them together. This weekend is also all about making my Dad's Christmas present. I purchased an Elle's Studio thankful kit which I am adapting with photos of my dad with Scarlett on his visit to us earlier in the year. I have always wanted to complete a printer's tray project so this is a good chance to do it.


Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love what you've chosen for your DD. Her minis look so great xxx

    ReplyDelete