Sunday 6 November 2011

Best Laid Plans

I had a great list of things we were going to do yesterday. We went to all the things listed but somehow things did not turn out the way I had hoped.

My biggest disappointment was that all the Richard the Third tickets worth having were sold out. The lady at Sistic was fantastic and really honest about what I would be able to see from the various remaining single seats. Her verdict - at $245 a seat she would want better seats. I really appreciated her honesty but I am super annoyed with myself for not getting tickets sooner. It has spurred me onto making a resolution for next year of finally finding a baby sitter and getting out with Tet at least once a month and every third date is going to be a performance of some kind. A girl can dream.

Sushi fell by the wayside yesterday too as everywhere we normally go had a massive queue. We ended up going to a lovely tonkatsu joint though so I was pretty fine with that. For those who have not had tonkatsu I would totally suggest you try it. It is breaded, fried pork served in the usual Japanese style with accompanying salad, soup and rice. The restaurant we went to only sells tonkatsu and it is really good. They also serve this amazing multigrain rice with beans mixed in. It is so yummy although Tet went for boring old white rice.


We also made it to Novena but Scarlett was very uncooperative when it came to looking at clothes so we came home empty handed on the clothes front. We did manage to add a new jigsaw and wooden abacus to her toy collection after a visit to Toys R Us.

Our bags are packed and Monkey has been endlessly asking when we go to the beach. She has been up since five so it has been a long day already! Thank goodness for coffee. I will attempt to post from Indonesia but will only have my Ipad so it may be brief. I love living in a place where I can get to two other countries in no time flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment